Saturday 22 September 2018

Battle Report - Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game - Thorins Company vs Isengard

Hello Folks;

Time for another Wednesday wargaming battle report! This week we are once again playing some lord of the rings stuff but have switched sides. This time am taking the evil side with the Forces of Isengard and Serge has Thorins company.

For a mission we ended up with Fog of War. Thus turned out to be a pretty cool one. You have to secretly select an enemy hero to kill your own to save and a piece of terrain to capture.


So here is the set up. My job is to kill Killi, protect Vrasku and capture the rough ground on the back left. The good guys have to kill Ugluk, protect ah one of the 2 handed weapon dwarfs forget his name and capture the fountain.

It's a bit interesting my army makes it easier to capture but the dwarfs are all heroes so harder to guess who to kill. That being said I guessed 2/3 is Serges things on turn 1.


First turn just moving up the crossbows take up during positions. The pike block moved up then back avoiding bows.


Everyone forward. I split the crossbows a bit so vrasku could edged towards my terrain. But I was also hoping to split up the big block of heroes over there.


Next turn getting close to battle. But lots if shutting. Thorin and his buddies are shooting down lots of uruk hai. My shooting is not bad either forcing fate rolls.


Next turn lots of fighting on all fronts. The dwarfs are burning lots of might and getting in kills. But not on the heroes they want to kill. My troll is forced to circle around he just can't fit in.


Next turn is more of the same. But more tricky movement to try and get the right guys in battle. The dwarfs are still doing well but burning out a but maybe. Thorin and his guys are killing allot but starting to get surrounded and the troll is closing in!


At this point the Dwarfs realized this problem. They are going to break my army before they can accomplish their goals. So the bug block starts falling back to the fountain.

Also a key turn for me as uglucks group is able to take out filling and kill, and Ugluk wards off being killed. So that is allot more pressure on Thorins company!


Now we have a moving battle for the fountain while Thorin falls back and tries not to die. I worked hard to wound him thinking leaders were points but they aren't!


Now I am having trouble guessing what dwarf Serge was trying to protect. He gave some hints but I never got it hah.


End of the game due to time. But we are both pretty close to breaking. I killed a couple more dwarfs but forget which ones so only a couple. away. Meanwhile only like half  dozen more Uruk hai need to go down so no big deal.

Poi to wise we are both unbroken. I got my kill protect and capture! Thorins company just got the fountain captured sadly so if wax z win for evil!

Quite enjoyed thus game and the scenario. I think it worked out well and was pretty close really despite the quite different forces. Hordes of guys vs all heroes!

Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment