Tuesday 2 August 2022

Battle Report - Oil Wars

 Hello All,

Holiday Monday was time for some more gaming, this time we are playing Team Yankee with Oil Wars armies. I took the Iranians I did over covid, and Duncan and Stan used the Iraqi list.

Scenario wise we got Dust Up. In general fighting accross the corners, with delayed reserves.


Iran gets the first turn, flying in dome cobras and taking a few shots at the t72 along the ridge, getting a kill, first blood!


Iraq advances with 2 massive waves of tanks, 1 set of t72s, and 1 of t55s I think. They start shooting up my choppers but not much success. 


The Iranian tanks can't really move and shoot due to no range finders, so I just hammer in as many shots as possible. Doing good work this turn.


Iraqui advance continues, downing a cobra and killing a tank.


I just keep chipping away mainly at the t72s.


Iraquis closing in, kill another helicopter, and bail both of my forward tanks.


But the cavalry arrives just in time, and s platoon of Scorpions pull up behind the t72s and ar surprisingly effective. Meanwhile t72 numbers are getting low.


T55s turn 1 platoon to deal with the scorpions, but with low rate of fire and bad luck only kill one. The t72s do better killing both of my command tanks.


Another reserves for me so I bring in some btr rising infantry. Need to distract some hinds it would turn out. The hinds and t55s are able to kill my scotpions, and 1 btr.


My turn the last Iraniam cheiftan unit arrives, and that is about it for the t55, with the t72s destroyed that makes it a win for Iran.

The Iranian list worked allot better then I expected, I guess being hit on 3 makes the ranks a bit cheaper, and good morale keeps the small platoons in the fight. 

Anyway was a fun game.

Thanks;

Mike







No comments:

Post a Comment