Saturday 17 February 2024

Battle Report - Warhammer the Old World

 Hello All,

Had our monthly fantasy day at Fandom, and it was finally tine to try out Warhammer the Old World.

We were playing 1,000 pts, I decided to keep things very simple and go with Chaos warriors, no shooting no magic, just a s8ngle hero and a giant for fun.

Game was just an open battle, pretty much just go murdering.


Set up for battle. Seems like the Chaos warriors outnumber the goblins which is odd, they went fir not 1 but 2 Lords in a thousand point game, which is allowed now.


Goblins move up screening with some prc archers, and with a giant taking point.


I move up as fast as I can with my horsemen getting to the flanks of the giant.


Goblins move the giant to face and not to much else. Shooting out some magic and arrows does a bit of damage.


Horsemen move behind the giant and the rest advances.


Goblins use a spell to move the orcs, that's about it movement wise.


On mu turn the Horsemen charge the archers pushing them back, but taking a casualty. Rest of the warriors press forward.


Giant charges my block of halbreds, he headbutt my hero immediately killing him which felt a bit lame, but I w9n combat and he git pushed back. The chariot charged my giant and got smashed so I turned to face thd goblin wizard.


Berserkers charge thd Goblins, giant chaces after the mage. Berserkers did ok but it's hard to fight a bunch of characters with all kinds of magic items. They lost frenzy.

Grinding thing down. The khorne berserkers got ground down by the goblin death star, after a few turns but killed the bsb at least. My horsemen got the spiders, the halbred warriors killed the giant and turned to fight the gobbos, but not enough time to kill em.


In the end it was a win for the green skins.

In the end the new game is very complicated but seems ok. Wether it's good or not will be up to the community as the army building rules are a bit bad.

Thanks;

Mike


2 comments:

  1. The fact that we can have 50% in heros is changing the game for some armies, like significantly. I have a feeling that we can create stronger armies and way worse armies than before. The fact that it is very difficult to make flee others units, force the players to include really strong stuff. This is my feeling for now. We both had our lucky time and the end was fairly equal. Normally, I'm not doing very strong armies but well, this is a new game and I lost all my previous games before this one. So, I'll try to understand the game well, and after I hope that I'll be able to have something not too bad and that is not relying that much on magic items. Super blog by the way Michael!

    ReplyDelete