Monday 31 August 2015

Painting - Old West - Dead Mans Hand

Hello Folks,

So as discussed previously I am on a bit of an Old West kick. The new set of rules I ordered turned up on Friday, Dead Man's Hand from great escape games, and I got a set of their models to try as well. This game seems pretty fun to me, nice and simple with with some card mechanics. They have games split up into smaller sets of scenes which seems fun. In the book they have 3 sets of scenarios names, a handful of models, a few models more, and the good the lead and the dead. Hah, excited to give it a go.

Of course I couldn't resist painting the models wither, I went with an Outlaw gang since I didn't have any bad guys previously. The miniatures had a bit more flash and mold lines then I would prefer but they are not super new I guess so that is kind of normal.


They painted up really nice thou so I am quite happy with the result, a good bunch of guys. The boss in the front middle I am particularly happy with.

Paints Used:

GW: Black Spray, Leadbelcher,Chaos Black, Mordian Blue, Red Gore, Wazdaka Red

Vallejo: White, Wood Grain,  Chocolate Brown, Deck Tan, USA Tan Earth, Beige Brown, Smoke, Woodgrain, Flat Earth, Dark Sand, Japanese Uniform, Ivory, Dark Grey, Neutral grey

Foundry: Flesh Triad

Army Painter: Flesh Shade, Cloak Grey, Electric Blue

Liquitex: Black Ink, Umber Ink

I also re-based a couple of my old guys over to the new standard to keep the numbers up.


I painted these guy probably 4 or 5 years ago, so hopefully you would agree that the new ones look allot better and I am improving hah.

Of course this meant I didn't make any more progress on the Somali pirates but I am ok with that.

Pledge Status 2015:
Bought: 227 (7 Outlaws
Painted: 127 (Painted 7 Outlaws!)
Total: -100

Now I need to find a Clint Eastwood man with no name model. I know someone out there makes one! I have a hanging tree kit to paint as well which should be fun.
Thanks;
Mike

6 comments:

  1. looks great Mike...the outlaw boss has a great feel to it, very 3:10 to Yuma...totally reminds me of Ben Foster's character from the Russel Crowe version...well done. Did you get some buildings as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! 3:10 to Yuma I knew that guy was based on a movie character but I couldn't figure out which one that is clearly it nice memory. Hopefully this doesn't mean there is a train in my future...

    I ordered a bank and the sheriffs office / jail from war bases, they are pre-painted. I am hoping that along with the one I already have it will be playable if a bit lame. I might order another couple when they show up. I have some fences and barrels and boxes and such as well. I also have a few resin buildings from last time, but they have to be painted and assembled so not sure about their future hah.

    Turns out that some E-Bob place makes a really nice Clint Eastwood so obviously I need that also Just because.

    Thanks;
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice Clint Eastwood you say...if they sell singles let me know...

      Delete
  3. Yes they do it's 3 pound.

    http://www.ebobminiatures.com/products/western.htm

    Want me to just order 2?

    Thanks;
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok done, let the Clint painting contest of 2015 begin.

    Thanks;
    Mike

    ReplyDelete