Wednesday 18 December 2019

Painting Update - Heavy Gear & Batman Miniatures Game

Hello Folks,

No gaming thus week but figure it's about time for another painting update. I did a few Heavy Gear models I have had for years for their painting contest. That turned out to be pretty fun so it snowballed into a whole big thing. Pretty much have a new army at this point.

Also started getting into some batman stuff. I picked up the Riddler box on a black Friday sale and really enjoyed painting that as well.

Heavy Gear Plastics:


To start here are the plastic models I did. This is the full plastic starter, almost, for the south. I wasnt to keen on these models when I first got them a couple of years back, but they paint up quite nice.

Fancy Models:


These are resin or metal models. Mostly ones that I have had for years, but I got some new stuff as well after the Jovian Wars painting contest. I entered the back row of models basically. Particularly happy with how the big Naga turned out.

Great models. Here is a link to the contest results. For interest, some nicely painted stuff.

https://dp9forum.com/index.php?/topic/19126-golden-gear-2019-winners-and-honorable-mentions/

Riddler Gang:


This is the Riddler Bat box, basically gives you a full army. They are resin models and not perfect, but paint up easy and look great o think. Only a few colors which makes them fast to do. Also a few terrain bits.

Gordon and Detective:


 Also got the commissioner and ones of his men done. These are older metal models, very nice as well. Not sure which I prefer but both are good. Particularly happy with how the detective turned out. I also have a SWAT guy almost done but he is not nearly that good.

Anyway that's it for now. Should get a few more batman and heavy gear models done before the end of the year. Probably start fresh with something else in the new year!

 Pledge Status, 2019:

Bought: 247
Painted: 334
Total: -87

Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment