Tuesday 13 October 2020

Battle Report - Warhammer 40k City Fight

 Hello Folks.

Managed to get another game going over the long weekend, more 40k was on the books. Decided to set up a small city fight table, using modern terrain, and play a game using the new Incursion Missions from the new 40k edition, but still using the 7th edition rules! Messing around with quite a few things, also the table was a bit to small.

Anyway I took an Eldar force with some newly painted close combat guys (painting post coming soonish), to face down some Tau in Fire Sweep. Goal to claim objectives and clear the enemy from the area for a bigger push.



Forgot to take a deployment picture but here we are after my first turn. Mostly moving up and claiming the objective on the second story right hand side. Plus advancing a group down the street to claim another and do some damage hidden behind the left most building.


The tau fought back as hard as they could, killing allot of the guys around my home objective, and reclaiming the left objective.


Next turn was a lucky one for me, managed to advance my assault squad into range of the Tau home objective, they were able to flamethrower, all those guys and charge off the roof to put them to the sword. I would be racking up allot of points now, and the Tau were hurting.


The Tau made some risky plays to try and destroy my tank, but luck was sadly not on their side, not so much as a scratch!


This put their big battle suit in range to be charged, so my big sword guys happily obliged. I figured my tank was safe by now so advanced into the center hoping to finish off the depleted Tau forces. But didn't have many good targets for my giant cannon, dangerous to shoot close to my own guys who are now all over the place.


Final turn for the Tau saw them finally get some good luck and blow my tank to tiny tank pieces, but far behind on points and with just a couple of guys alive it was a clear victory for the Eldar.


Was a great game thou, fun to try out some new city terrain. Cardboard buildings and a new mat from battle systems I think they are called. Pretty fiddly and close for 40k, but will be great fo skirmish games like batman, or the kung fu game, zombies ect...



Thanks;

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment