Monday 5 October 2020

Battle Report - Club Day Muskets and Tomahawks

 Hello Folks,

Time for another battle report. This week the theme diwn at the club is Muskets and Tomahawks. Due to some cancelations I ended up playing an American War fir Independence game against Tod. 

I took a British force scrapping together what I had. To face down a bunch of Yanks.

Loosely based a battle about burning a valley.

My mission was to burn down buildings, the Americans was murder.


Here's the set up, my guys hoping of their ship to burn some buildings, bad Americans in the opposite corner to kill the kings loyal subjects.


I got to burning things right away, by the end of turn 1 the first house is on fire. My cannon got a lucky shot and took out nearly half of one unit of continental infantry. But the Amerucans were bringing back some terribly accurate fire themselves. One sailor got killed and their group took off.


Not a ton of movement, but lots of shooting back and forth. I had dealt with 1 unit of American regulars, but the other advanced through the big house and now were right in my face. 


They killed my regular unit with ease, so the sailors who had recovered tried a charge. This turned out to be a terrible plan as they were out numbered, and out fought. We played a few more turns, but my force was half gone so tods main objective of murder was accomplished.

Worth noting we had some intrigues as well. Mine was ti negotiate with a local, i got that on turn 1 with a lucky roll. The Americams had a lazy commander, so he had to move less then 12" to accomplish his goals. Sadly Tod made that guy march all across the board. 


Final result, vilage only slightly on fire, negotiations concluded, time to sail off!


Only other game was John an Steve throwing down in a great looking table.



Thanks;

Mike


1 comment:

  1. great report on battle. pictures always appreciated to see what went on.

    ReplyDelete