Saturday 4 May 2024

Battle Report - Warhammer 40k 3rd Edition

 Hello Folks,

Another game of classic 40k today, Eldar vs Imperial Guard in the Patrol mission.

I took a seerer council, guardian defenders, storm guardians, striking scorpions, a war walker and a fire prism. Facing 2 tanks and all kinds of dudes.



Here's the set up/turn 1, 2 units of troops not much action just a bit of positioning.


Turn 2 time for reserves, the guard got both tanks and an infantry platoon. I think a few guardians got killed but no big deal.


Reserves for me, walker, tank and space wizards. Guardians take cover behind the pipes and start lasering up infantry. Manage to hide from 1 tank and stun the other.


Next turn the guard have everything but the commanders advancing under a hail of bullets and shells. A tank manages to explode my war walker which is not good. My storm guardians show up but get battle cannoned into oblivion, I rolled lots of 1s for cover saves and have a house rule for the pipes being dangerous.


Next turn, if I can weather the shooting and get some good charges I can turn things around. The scorpions hide from 1 tank, and mine destroys the other.

My plan mostly works, scorpions and seers get the charge, each killing a unit. The seers sweeping advance into another, but I roll a 4 for the scorpions. They are sadly ripped apart by demolition charges.


After this the random turn end came so games over. Points wise the guard are up a few hundred so a win fir them!

All in all very fun game enjoying 3rd edition.

Thanks;

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment