Monday 25 February 2019

Tale of 2 Wargamers - Part 3

Hello All,

Got together for another game of Warhammer, so time for an update on our progress on these armies. As you may recall I am doing Necrons and Nick has some Tau.

Also have a new Mars like table that I have been working on.


Here is the current state of my army, some warriors and immortals backed up with scarabs an anhiliation barge and a couple of characters. I decided my Overlord needed a name so I googled some pharos and settled with Overlord Ka.


And the current Tau, making very good progress with allot of stuff built and block colors painted. Just need a few details and basing.

Emperors Will;

Game wise we played the emperors will scenario, each player has 1 objective worth 3 points, and you can get a bonus for first blood, warlord kill and line breaker. I ended up with first turn.


Turn 1 I advanced a the barge shot his Tesla guns at the battle suits. Got super lucky and killed 2, the last failed morale and ran.


The Tau moved forward to counter attack, but failed to achieve much without the suits. The piranha light skimmer missed with his anti-tank shot and other heavy weapons weren't effective due to moving.


Turn 2 the advance continued. My warriors and the barge badly mauled the best Tau unit, the path finders. And my bases of scarabs assaulted and killed their ship. They are good at dismantling things.

The Tau fought back hard, but all their good stuff had been mostly wiped out.


Next turn the scarabs assaulted and finished off the path finders, and all that was left was clean up.

A solid victory for Overlord Ka.

Next turn I am going to try some Demons yo change things up a bit. But still working on more Necron units!

Thanks;
Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment