Monday 4 February 2019

Battle Report - Stalingrad Turn 1

Hello All,

This past Sunday we had the first round of the Stalingrad flames of war campaign. I was set to face bad Duncan and was attacking.

I took some panzer 3s and 4s a few 2s as well, plus some infantry and armored cars.

Duncan had t34s kv1 infantry and guns.

The mission funny enough was breakthrough again. But this time I had to attack.


Here is the deployment, I set up my tanks to rac around the woods. A big blob of infantry is on the hill and some guns along the woods.


I just dashed forward with my tanks, not much to fight. My hope was to get close enough to the wood to push back the ambush but this failed.


Some KV1 turned up in the woods  but their fire was ineffective.


My turn, time to surround the woods. Only the Panzer 4s can hurt the KV even from the side. So I tried z blitz move to get more in range. But failed the roll. I think I still got 1 bail buy bad news overall. The panzer 3s faced the corner where I assume z bunch of t34s are about to appear.

Infantry just ignored.


T34s came as predicted, but due to moving and crops not much effect. The KV did better and killed 3 panzer 4 plus a bail. That guy failed to remount, and failed last stand.


Next turn the t34 saw off the panzer 3s, and the KV got the commanders. This left my with no platoons in formation so it was z game over.


Pretty brutal win for the Russians. I spent Saturday painting some panzer 4s. But that turned out to be a bad idea. They just cost way to many points to be useful. Much better off with 3s. I di need some ma4fers though.

Thanks;
Mike

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Mike, Interesting observation about the Panzer IVs. I hope mine do better this Sunday.
    Brian

    ReplyDelete