Tuesday 25 June 2019

Battle Report - Warhammer 40k Necrons vs Tau

Hello All,

Time for another battle report. 40k time again, taking advantage of the long weekend. I had my Necrins again, Nick had his Tau and Tim used my Tau.

We played 1000 points in 7th edition but used the open war cards. Ended up with the one where you have to control 3 objectives, the twist was an honorable battle so deployment was by army instead of unit.



Here's the set up. I had to deploy in a narrow band, so ended up all spread out. The Tau had a bit more room but mostly hid behind the rocks and ruins.


Turn 1 I moved up and tried a few shots. My Anhiliation Barge killed a few battle suits but was killed by the tank. In general heading to the central objective.


Turn 2 even more advancing. My mission fir this turn was to kill the tank. No luck with the deceiver, but got super lucky with necron warriors and the took it out. Also got my scarabs into combat with the suits.


Turn 3, my main force is still heading for the middle, but slowly getting picked apart. I charged out with the deceiver and killed allot of stealth suits, but they fell back and he was killed with mass fire. Also the suits won there melee and killed the scarabs. I have been doing good shooting up tsu units thou.


Next turn I move my warriors to take the central objective, and Overlord Ka charges out to kill some kroot. Also manage to down the last battle suit. Return fire is brutal thou and I loose the last of the immortals save 1.


Final turn is a rush for the floating rock. I had it but the Tau mustered enough fire power to kill my unit and take it. The Over lord finally finished killing his opponents.t but it was to late really.

So a narrow win for the Tau, but a fun game overall. The new contrast paints have rekindled my desire to paint 40k stuff, so likely more to come. Also a painting update soon.

Thanks;
Mike





No comments:

Post a Comment