Saturday 17 August 2019

Battle Report - Team Yankee

Hello Folks,

Time for more battles. Decided to join the club night yesterday, so Serge and I set up a side game of Yeam Yankee. Sine we never had any stuff for what was the main thing.

50 points game, ended up being No Retreat, as usual we used 40% for reserves. I had some French with a few american hum vee against Russian infantry.


Heres the set up, French attacking on the left. I put my armored cars on the close side, tanks the far side, hummers in the center. Main road is blocked by mines.

Russians had infantry on the far objective, and a ridiculously big unit of BMPs on the other. My plan to kill the vehicles and use my tanks to line the infantry.


Turn one blitz up to the wall and hammer the BMPs. Do pretty well kill maybe almost have, 5-6 of them maybe. Held back the choppers, didn't want to risk them yet.

Russians fired back with missiles, but with bad luck only killed a single car. Also dropped a small ambush with 3 missiles, but just 1 kill there as well.


Next turn I moved up my tanks and helicopters to kill the ambush. Rest stayed still to get maximum shots. Not as lucky this time but I took out a few more. Also killed the ambush, Russian infantry had AA but it was ineffectual due to the gunslinger rule keeping me gone to ground.

The Russians brought in a big AA platoon and killed all but  helicopter, and pulled back their vehicles. My helicopters are only 1 point each so this is not a big loss.


With the Russians falling back I pressed forward onto  the objective. Also started moving over my tanks to try and stop them from bringing up stuff to contest. Killed a few infantry, actually found the tanks much better at that then I would have thought.

No major action from the Russians, but a few more small reserves. I think the long range missile guys.


Next turn I drove on to the objective. Russians moved up small platoons to delay and get wiped out 1 at a time. But chipping away at my forces as it goes. The long range missile guys had terrible luck thou, and some of the Russian units were a bit useless now, like missile AA after the choppers are dead.

Eventually Serge conceded. But my force was also very close to breaking, so maybe best to call it a draw!

Was a fun game thou, very different game at 50 points then 100, also with a bit bigger table. Personally I think it was a bit much to have 1 giant infantry platoon, that unit was allot of points!


Took a few quick shots of the other games:

 English Civil War



Saga. Norman's vs Norse Gaels.


Early flames of war, with some cool planes. I like the big one.

All in all very successful club day.

Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment