Thursday 5 September 2019

Battle Reoprt - Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game - Fire and Snow

Hello All,

Time for another Wednesdsy wargaming battle Report! Been busy lately, but finally got time for more games. I had a new mat and set of terrain from kickstarter this week, so decided to play some lord of the rings games to try it out!

I decided to play some guys I haven't played much, so I took the Iron Hills Dwarves with their pig riding boss, and the had to add some of the white council to make up the points. Serge had a Balrog and change.


Drew a random mission card, and got Lords of Battle, so winner is determined by the most murder. Maybe not the best missions for balrog fighting!


Here's the deployment, Balrog facing down the dwarfs with elves off to the side. At this point my plan is for elves to murder goblins, hopefully before the dwarfs die. Dauntless on his pig would like to get around the flanks, but there is a troll I dont super want to fight as well.



Turn 1 just moving up not much action. But the Goblin archers put a hit on Galadriel.


Turn 2 the Elf heroes engage, Glorfindel killed a few, and Celeborn push back the Captain. Galadriel tried to banish the balrog but he was resisting. Dauntless offered the Troll the chance to fight him 1v1 but he declined.

The Balrog started eating dwarfs, but only 2.


Next turn Glorfindel killed some more Goblins but the test scattered. Galadriel failed her spell again. I moved Dain to fight the Troll, but got to close to the Balrog. I tried to win, but it was not to be and after the Troll and Hoblins did a wound the Balrog killed him easily.


 Next turn the Balrog continued his dwarf eating project...

The Goblins ran away so the Eld heroes move to find more.


Running out of dwarfs so getting close to the end. Galadriel got some lucky rolls and put a wound on the Balrog with banish spirit. And the Dwarfs held against the goblins. So 1 more turn.


Galadriel did another wound, and Glirfindel killed another Goblin, but that was the end.

Score wise the Balrog liked twice as many guys, killed my leader, and broke me. I just got a point for wounding the Balrog, so it was a 10-1 ouch!

Promise I will use a more sensible army next time hah.


Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment