Thursday 21 November 2019

Battle Report - Age of Magic - Tale of Challenges

Hello Folks,

Tine for another Wednesday wargaming battle Report! This week is age if magic, Serge has the goblins (kingdoms of the underneath) and i took undead.

Have been trying out a few of the other scenarios in the book of battles. This time around we are playing 'A tale of challenges'.

A pretty standard battle to murder points but each player has to choose 2 challenges to try to complete. Harder ones are worth more points but if you fail you loose points! Some also gave special rules.

I declared:

First Blood - kill the first unit
Leave only Widows - no enemy units eith more than guys at the end

Serge called:

I will protect my land - no enemies on you half
I will crush you - kill most expensive enemy unit
My fury shall echo through eternity - kill 10 guys in 1 turn

On to battle



Goblins go first but start with just 3 dice so just advance a bit.


I advanced more and took some bow shots but built up some fatigues. Also charged and half killed a goblin unit.


Goblins pull back the 4 remaining and open up a chasm! The big unit of 12 then charge my skeletons. On my turn I rebuild some skeletons and move around to avoid taking damage from the chasm.


Goblins launch a bunch of charges so lots of skeletons are crushed. Even the balrog gets in on the fun.


This makes it time for ghost, they haunt the goblins killing half a unit and scaring them into the rough. The goblins spend there turn attacking, but are just short of killing the last skeleton.


On my turn the ghosts eat a wizard, and my warlord breaks up another unit.

Missed the last turn, but the goblins kill the ghosts, and charge but fail to kill my warlord. The balrog was forced to hide in the back as he got allot of fatigues from the undead curse.

In the end I failed  first blood which cost me a few points but achieved leaving only goblin widows.

The goblins crushed me and echoed their fury, but failed to protect their lands. As it turns out my last big unit of skeletons wandered just close enough.

We were pretty close on points so the land protecting did it. I think we ended 24-19 fir me all told.

Was a really fun game, I would absolutely reccomend this scenario its a great one  especially for age of magic!

Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment