Sunday 28 June 2020

Battle Report - Warhammer 40k

Hello Folks,

Was finally able to get a bit of a game going, has to really limit the size as it's still the apocalypse, also the games room is now also an office!

But we managed a 700 point game of 40k, 7th edition.

I took some Imperial Guard force with some infantry, a tank some storm troopers and an astropath. Fighting Tau with a kind of similar break down with some infantry a tank and some suits and stuff.

We played a simple Combat Patrol mission with the troops and a commander starting, and most stuff in reserve, with bonus points for controlling table quarters. As an extra twist there was intermittent acid rain!



Heres the set up, heroic humanity in the close corner, evil aliens in the far.


Not much action turn 1  just both forces advance slowly.


Turn 2 has more action, some battle suits and a tank arrive for the Tau and start shooting up my troop carrier. I also got my big tank who blasted a Tau infantry unit from the shattered woods. My close support unit disembarked by the blue woods as was just able to flame the Tau there as well.


Next turn the Tau get the rest of their reserves and are easily able to blow up my first tank. With the suits hiding out behind the big rock.


My turn saw the storm troopers arrive who party out flanked the suits doing a bit of damage, but my tank was able to blast out the last Tau infantry unit. His Eradication cannon proving very effective.


Final Tau turn the gunship, plus small fast tank flanked my lumbering hulk hoping for revenge. Although the both got hits and did heavy damage, it was left alive but unable to shoot. The suits flamed up the storm troopers killing half, but they held on. The foot infantry failed worse loosing allot of guys and running.


Last turn the storm troopers tried to assault the battle suits, but with the sergeant dead didn't get much. The commissar finally joined the battle, but with my tank shaken I couldn't damage the Tau vehicles.

In the end I was ahead a bit on murder points, and controlled more territory, so it was a victory for humanity. But if the Tau had been able to finish that tank it would have been very close.


Anyway that's it for now.

Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment