Saturday 19 September 2020

Battle Report - Club Day Bolt Action

 Hello Folks,


Another club day done, this time around it's Bolt Action, 28mm WW2. Not my favorite game, honestly I mostly need to paint a new army that doesn't have a big stupid tank in it! One of these I have to get around to that, as this gamer is pretty popular, and still fun.

Anyway I took my US Para guys, with said mentioned tank, going up against some nasty Germans with a big tank of their own, and an armored car!



Here's the set up, I have a squad on each flank with goodies in the middle. Germans a bit more spread out, with the big scary tank on the road. Mission is murder, who ever murders the most is the winner, we had a preparatory bombardment as well but it didn't do much.


Turn 1 most things just advanced, low visibility this turn so not to much action. The armored car whipped up on the bridge and forced my mortar down. MY tank then carefully lined up a shot and got a 1!


The Germans try to show me how it's done, but they miss to hah! MY artillery officer called in his bombardment on the ford by the German troops.  sadly he badly miscalculated and it drifted off right into the heart of the German force, killing an observer and doing a ton of pins. Not to bad!


Next turn oddly similar. More shooting but not terribly effective. I tried a close assault on the car which was fun, but rolled a 1 for damage and the thing survived! Tank missed again as he is prone to do hah. German tank has allot of pins so he is having a hard time of ti as well.


Next turn with the German troops evading my easy flank through the church, I wandered into the open killing fields in front of the HMG... Still can't kill that car, which is becoming frustrating! Mainly the Germans are killing allot of my smaller teams like bazookas and such.


Mr Sherman finally blows up that car so I am just calling this turn a victory!


Things are becoming a bit desperate thou, I haven't killed many Germans so clearly am loosing, and my squads are being ground down. Hardly any left on the left, and my other guys don't have a good position.


Final turn see a bit more damage, but nothing crazy. The Germans have recovered their pin by now, and it's my tank that is taking the brunt of the fire. A panzerfaust got a solid hit but failed to do major damage. In the end I had allot more guys dead but killed a car, couldn't figure out the right way to do victory points so we just agreed to call it a German victory! PRetty sure that is the right call, there are a fair number of dead Americans, including an officer. That can't be good.


Germans celebrate the sweet taste of victory, but we'll see who wins the war!

As usual shots of other games in the club:


A mostly empty village? Guess allot more stuff died over here.



The pros fighting it out in the desert.


A bucket of Soviet Naval infantry fight the Germans.


Even the She-Nazis have to fight back against the blue hatted hordes!


Thanks;

Mike

1 comment: