Sunday 21 February 2021

Battle Report - Club Day Saga

 Hello Folks,

Thr club is back! Thus week was some more Saga: Age of Magic. 

I decided to take some high elves, using the sapphire elves Great Kingdom option. Facing off against Duncans Other World.

We did the random battle option, skipping terrain as i had just set up the few licenses i had. We got:

Pincer attack
Unknown length
Forced March
Show of force

Basically the armies March out and flank each other and have a fight out. Points for surviving, winning fights, and crossing the board.


Here is the setup. Packed into the corners, the mat I have is a bit smaller then required. I guess I should get a new cigarette mat as they are convinenient fir the club.


Othrrworlds get the first turn, but can't do much do to being slowed down from the missions rules.


Similar thing for me, but I move out a bit and fir off the war machine.


Turn 2 things change allot! The other worlds take advantage of flying and manouver all over, getting in close and grabbing the points for getting to the edge.


I pushed up a bit, trying to put some fatigue  on the avatar, and getting my mounted unit ready to head to the edge.


Demonic close up, the guy who's a a druk banging his own head cracks me up!


Turn 3 the demons unleash, charging lots of times with hunters, who are warriors that can charge 12 and get 2 attacks! They do big damage to both my archers and hearthguard, back take some damage in return.


I fire cabk with some really lucky shooting. Knocking out the avatar and cleaning a unit. Also able to grab the edge points and come back with the knights.


Otherworlds bring in their flyers, killing my mage which is not great. 


I'm able to counter with hearth guards thou and keep in the game. Also charge my knights to kill some hunters before they could charge.


Otherworlds not going diwn without a fight, killing the warmachine. Really spreading allot of fatigues around my tight formation.


Last ditch attempt to kill the demonic warlord with a knight, but sadly he passed his saves. No luck with archery either. 

In the end it was pretty close on bonus points, but I was clearly ahead on survival so it was a hard fought win for the elves!

Great to have the return of the club.


As usual here's a few shots of the other games:




Thanks;

Mike




No comments:

Post a Comment