Saturday 16 October 2021

Battle Report - Art De La Guerre

 Hello Folks,


Another club day done! This week 15mm ancients using Art De Guerre.

I took my Triumvirate Roman's, and ended up fighting Norms Late Imperial Romans. Bit of a Civil War.



Here's the set up and deployment. I gave 2 wings I have legionaries, with a bit of cav out on the flank. Facing a center of legions with cav on 1 side, and some lights on the other.


Evil Romans move up taking the hill and bringing uo some annoying lights.


The legions advance! Forgot about the cretian archers thou, ops.


Evil Roman's skirmishes with some lights but not really getting damage just being annoying.


My legions continue the advance, and I move my cav over in the flank to face the much bigger evil cav force.


More picking from the skirmishes, but doing a couple of hits this time. 


My legions were sadly just out of range, but get right in the face of the Evil Roman's. Charge in on the cav flank, but that goes pretty bad. Maybe a bad idea but it seemed fun!


Evil Roman's bush some medium foot. Excellent someone to fight!


Finally get to charge in and settle things. The Evil Roman's have the hill but I have more guys. Goes pretty even with both of us taking a hit on 3 units. Mostly the mediocre legions in my case so makes sense.


The medium foot comes in for some fun, and I am really looking the cav war.


Doing OK with the legion battle thou, punching some holes in the line and getting things done. The medium guys are flanking the line thou which can be problematic.


Sadly with all my cav gone and a couple of legions out my break point was exactly hit. Some the triumvirate Roman's pack uo and head back across the Rubicon. 

The Evil Roman's are like half way to breaking  so nit a total loss at least. Plus was a fun game!

As usual a few shots of other games:





Thanks:
Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment