Sunday 17 September 2023

Battle Report - Mythic Americas

 Hello All,

Finally got the chance to try out Mythic Americas! My Maya vs Duncans evil Tribal Nations.

Duncan choose the way of Everchanging, so that made me the way of everliving, thus affects spells lists and secondary objectives.

I stretched a such as I could and to to 735 or something like that. Objective to build altars. My secret was to divide and conquer so pick a unit and isolate, Duncan had to bring the hurricane by casting a spell on my side.


Here's the set up, my jaguar guys on the left facing a wendigo and sasquatch, but of Tribal in the middle, eagle and wolves on the right facing my fights units.


Turn 1 goes fine, just moving up. Duncan shoots me but my tough armor saves me, i try shooting him but to hidden in the woods.


Next turn I rolled crap act7vation dice, so the tribaks mostly go first. The sasquatch charged my jaguar men, killing w of mine but all dieing, wendigo then got the last.

My fight advanced up but a woods grew and slowed them down. Wolves attack my priestess and her swarms. 

My fights unit butchered the eagles. Finally a Tribal unit and then wendigo charged my archers but only killed 1 guy!


Next turn more bad activation dice. But the armor and savage melee of the Maya started to turn the tide. My warlords unit crushed the guys fighting my archers, but said archers got killed by the wendigo, but not before wounding it!

My priestess fought off the wolves with her statue sprite thing friends.

More battle, wendigo charged the priestess, killing her friends but getting killed. Our warlords fought which was turning out pretty even, in the back my calakmul warriors butchered the Tribal archers.


Still 1 turn left but we decided to call it a draw. Lots of murder on both sides and we both achieved our secondary. Mine was the archers, my warriors butchering them in the back luckily left 1 alive.

All in all very fun game. Mythic Americas is very similar to bolt action but with a few things thay seem odd. But the Americas pre contact fantasy stuff is very cool so worth it.

Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment