Saturday 21 July 2018

Painting Update - Team Yankee

Hello Folks,

Finally time for another update! Been kind of a slowish July. Summer time and all that, also I haven't been as motivated to get painting done lately so have slowed down a bit on that as well. But there are some things coming up so the ball is rolling once more!

We are playing some more Team Yankee tomorrow, actually this has been on the books for a bit so I have been getting some stuff done.

Note that I was to lazy to set up the picture both, so these pictures are a bit crap. But it's late and I was lazy. Also I already had stuff set up for a group shot so space was an issue.

Hummers with real TOW Missiles:


Well at some point I noticed that all the HMWVs I painted with TOW missiles were actually singer missiles. Oops, not sure how I made that mistake. Anyway I decided to order the Ryans Leather Necks bow becasue it gave me the right number I needed to fix it. So here are the new cars with correct kit!

Patton Tanks:


That set also includes 3 Patton tanks which are pretty cool so I painted those as well, thy not right.

Armored Cavalry Troop:


Now that I had a cool platoon of 3 tanks I needed a way to field them. Flipping the Stripes book the only real viable options that stood out to me was the Armored Cavalry Troop. This formation has a M113 Scout HQ, 1 platoon of tanks, and platoons of 1 M113 Scout and 1 M901 ITV. This sounded kind of cool to me so I decided to use my last 5 M113s to make that. This were going to be a mortar platoon but this seems more fun. Finished off these today.

And that is pretty much all the Team Yankee stuff I have so this project is over until the next release, or I decided to get more. Well I do have 2 more warthogs but feel like that atm.


Since I have so much stuff that can technically all be fielded as 1 giant legal army, I decided it was time for an army parade! So there you have my Team Yankee collection, pretty much takes up a 4x6 table on its own hah.

That is:

M1 Abrams Armored Combat Team:
      12 M1 Abrams (2 away from full shit)
      M113 Mech Platoon
      M901 ITV Platoon

Armored Cavalry Troop:
      M113 Scout
      3x Patton Tanks
      2x M113 Scout Sections (1 M113 Scount & 1 M901 ITV)

HMMWV Cavalry Troop:
      HMMWV HQ
      3x HMMWV Scout Sections

Support:
      4x M163 VADS
      4x HMMWV Stinger
      3x M109 Artillery
      M113 Fist
      UH-1 Huey Rifle Platoon
      2x AH-1 Cobra
      2x A-10 WArthog

All that comes in at a cool 177 points. Of course the tanks formation alone is 106 of that, they are expensive and all the rest of it is pretty cheap. The HMMWV formation is only 10 points hah, a single Abras is 8 (9 with extra armor).

Nazgul:


Also painted a few ringwraiths. Not going to lie I picked up a box at FDB assuming it was the winged fellbeast guy, but when I opened it there was 9 of these chaps. Oh well everyone always need more ring wraiths (until they have 9 at least...)


Pledge Status, 2017:

Bought: 149
Painted: 205
Total: 56

Crossed 200 models painted for the year, pretty good! Tune in a day or 2 from now to see how team yankke went. Hoping to see some Canadians!


Thanks;
Mike






No comments:

Post a Comment