Wednesday 8 August 2018

Battle Report - Saga - Anglo Saxons vs Norse Gaels

Hello Folks;

This past Sunday was our club day. We had a bit of a saga day with some napelonics thrown in for good measure.

I brought some Anglo-Saxons to try out a new board and ended up playing Kents Norse Gaels. Probably one of the most changed armies in new Saga.

We played the normal scenario and got hot dog deployment (12" on) with the armies spread out. The battlefield effect was I think judgement where each side gets an extra Saga dice.


Inital deployment, not much chouse when things have to star 6" apart. We both had big armies with multiple units of levy ND lots of warriors. I has my warriors merged into 2 units of 12 as the Saxon board wants big umits luckily taking levy feels allot better now.


First turn is just moving into closer range cautiously but some javelins were tossed.


Turn 2 I made a charge which went ok bit of a wash really. The Gaels can kick in allot of bonus dice!

 
Then the real battle got going. I guess we are taking turns charging really. But the Gaels are abe to get lots of use out of the combat pool so every attack is a risk. But the Saxon have some good balanced abilities that give attack and defense.


Eventually we both got pretty ground down. It was looking bleak for me but on the last turn I got perfect dice for what I wanted and a string of helmets to get extra dice. My warriors charged and killed a unit and my warlord moved into range. I had a levy attack to do and a warlord charge both needed the warlord alive to do. I elected to risk it hoping my guy would live as he might be out of range going second. He killed half a unit but died so my levy didn't get to go.

We ended up very close within 2 points so it was a draw. I was doing pretty bad at some points so lucky to get that. Still I made some bad charges so could have won if did better maybe.


Bonus shot of Napelonics (looks boring?).

Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment