Monday 27 August 2018

Battle Report - Saga age of Vikings

Hello All,

Got together with Duncan to play another game of Saga. He had some newly painted Norsd Gaels so we did  Viking Age game. I decided to try out the new Pagan Rus for the first time.

Still just playing the basic scenario, the new book of battles is desperately needed but still not out yet. Anyway we got pizza deployment and cursed ground.


Here is the set up. I put one unit of warriors inside the river and immediately realized that was a bad idea but left them anyway.


My first turn just moving the warriors back hah.


The Norse advance everyone to close range and makexangry noises.


My turn again, I called up a frigid wind yo pit some fatigues on the Norse then charged in with some hearth guards. I was hoping to trade with the big ace guys but lost all mine and only killed 2!


The Norse tried to send in their warlord but I had an ability to stop his second activation so he was stuck.


My turn I called in more wonder and then sent the next unit to the axe men! Went better this time and I killed both with not to many losses.


The Norse hit back but it went not great, o think I formed  Shield Wall and had an ability for an armor bonus.


My turn again. At this point I discovered how great the Ris ability Wrath of the East is it can give a ton of attack and defense dice! So I was able to charge twice and kill a unit of hearthguard with no losses.


Of course the Norse were up to make some Rus die. They were able to kill all my gun but lost a lot of warriors.


Last turn for me and we have a draw at the moment so more action is needed. I used wrath of the east again and charged some warriors by the river. Killed about half for no loss.


The Norse struck back and killed half of mine thou also with no lost!

When we added up the points i had 17 and the Norse Gaels had 14, pretty close but just enough for me to claim victory!

Thanks;
Mike












1 comment:

  1. Both armies are good fun. The Wrath of the East is a tough ability and you managed to shut down my King of the Isles with the Biting Cold -- though I should have been paying attention and wouldn't have put all my eggs in the Warlord basket if I had noticed where you left the die!

    Next time I will try Brodir of Man, Who Steel Cannot Bite, Sorcerer and King-Killer

    ReplyDelete