Friday 24 August 2018

Battle Report - Saga Crusades

Hello Folks,

Wednesday Wargaming is back from summer vacation! This week we are playing some more Saga. Serge has some freshly painted Crusaders so I took some Eastren Princes to fight them.

We played the normal scenario and got the special effect Slaughter so destroying units was worth ab extra 2 points! Cleaning up the little units, is extra important.


Here we are in Russian. I tried explaining that we are orthodox Christian but the crusaders weren't interested. So battle starts. The Crusaders moved up a bit and had some defensive stuff.


My turn I started off with archery, figure you need to work you way up to the main event. First shot was mostly saved by I killed a couple of warriors. The knights had an ability making them super tough so let them be.


Next turn the Crusaders edged a bit more forward. And they tried out the crossbows guys. They had a good time killing half my unit!


I was not real keen on that event so o sent some horse men to murder them! Only one survived but I was left exhausted.


Now was the Crusaders time to shine and they did a lot of charging. Some foot knights wiped my archers, spearmen my mounted unit but they also mostly died, and finally the mounted warriors attack what was left of my foot unit. Not good!


Time to fight back. I need to really catch up on the killing. So I sent my mounted unit to kill the mounted crusaders, which went pretty well but 1 guy survived argh! I charged the foot knights with each of my foot units. The first was not great, but the second was ok. Again 1 guy was left alive!


At this point we are both getting low on dice. But the Crusaders had another good turn. The warlord killed most of 1 warrior unit, and some other warriors killed a lot of my other unit.


I needed to clean up the bit and was getting desperate. But I sent my mounted troops to ger the last mounted crusader. My warlord did a charge to the enemy warlord but bounced. I had used an ability to set up a dice on activation pool during the crusader turn but forgot to use it! But this worked up next turn.


The Crusaders had a plan to kill my king as well but the last foot knight went first to kill my last warrior there. By a stroke of luck they killed each other! This put a fatigue on each of our guys, but the crusader was left exhausted! Not only could he not attack he is now vulnerable.

I had the last turn and my mounted troops got that last crossbow. My warlord then charged the crusader warlord. He had left over saga abilities so had twice as many dice but was exhausted and needed a 6 to hit. With good luck I was able to live and he died!

With that I got just enough points to force a draw! The crusaders only were up by 2 points and needed 3 for a victory. So hah!

Thanks;
Mikr






No comments:

Post a Comment