Monday 20 August 2018

Painting Update - Infinity & Terrain

Hello Folks,

Time for another painting update. Got a bit behind on these but oh well summer lazyness, it happens. In the last little while I have been working through an infinity army that I have had on my list for awhile the Caledonian Highlander Army.

Caledonian Volunteers:


I started with the starter box, the first part of which is the Voulenteers, the basic guys for this army. 2 Rifles and a medic with the med-kit pistol.

Highlander Grey:


Next up the Highlander Grey who is more of a special guy with armor and special rules and what not.

Wulver Grenadier:


Then a Wulver, who is kind of a half wolf man.

Caledonian Moramer:


Then a Moramer who is the heavily armored guy.

Starter Box:


Group shot of the starter army.

S.A.S.:


To expand on things a bit I added on a couple of SAS guys. These are the sneaky camo infiltrator type guy of this army.

Caledonian Volunteers, Special Weapons:


Next big thing is some more volunteers. This is from the box with all the special weapons. Grenade and shot gun ladies, and a chain rifle and HMG guys. I guess this is a good point to point out that they all have the same tartan, it is a simplified version of the Newfoundland Tartan, which I thought was an obvious choice!

Caledonian Moramer, AP HMG:


Final addition is a Moramer this time with an AP machine gun. The pictures turned alot brighter at one point, that is because I got a new phone. Still trying to find the best option for taking pictures. These are with the default setting mostly. Possibly it is just better in general so maybe I don't need the lights anymore.

Army Shot:


Here is the gang so far, quite a fun army I think. Have been able to play 3 games with these guys so far and they are doing better than I would have hoped. Mostly due to luck but still counts!

I have some more to do, the Galwegians and William Wallace, basically crazy sword guys. But have ordered a few more as well. My goal is to have everything done for a local tournament at the end of September.

Mantic Terrain:


In addition to all the infinity stuff I started picking at some of the items from the Mantic Terrain kickstarter that just arrived. Needed a bit of a change of pace. I just grabbed a bag of random stuff that seemed cool honestly, not really any game planned to use this or anything. This is from the dungeon set, they have ones with various themes. Basically I have here a magic portal, wizard pad, demon being summoned from the abyssal realm, a crystal ball and some trapns. All good stuff.

So of their stuff is really nice and some is a bit shit. For example I really like the portal and the demon, but there is an Indiana Jones style giant boulder where the 2 halves are totally mismatched and it just looks bad. But overall very worth it to me, need more random terrain stuff.


Pledge Status, 2017:

Bought: 149
Painted: 225
Total: 76



Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment