Wednesday 21 November 2018

Battle Report - Art de la Guerre

Hello folks,

Have another battle report for you. Lots going on lately so have been working through them. Last Friday was the historical gaming club day, got a chance to play some ADG. I took my War of the Roses army for a spin and Bad Duncan had some French ordinance. These armies are kind of similar.

This game is kind of like a cross between DBMM or DBA and field of glory. There were a few people around so some interest at least.



Here's the deployment. I set up with my 3 wings in a line. Archers in the center, pikes holding the line by a field and a bunch of foot knights hoping to get around the flanks. Duncan took a more compact formation with archers backed up by foot knights behind.


Slow advance. I didn5 move to much as artillery is stationary and I didn't want to leave it behind. I would have not taken this stand, but thus is all my units and I am still short of 200 points!


Getting close now, my German mercenary likes started taking fire from the French archers and took a disruption.


Left flank fully engaged now and an on going arrow battle as the center and right wings close. My pines are having z hard time, but my mass of archers in the center are doing well.


Guess I missed a turn or 2! But how we have chaos fighting all along the line. On the left I charged my knight general into the field to fight the archers without thinking and he got killed. The center went well, but on the right my 4 foot knights are losing to 2!

Well I quickly reached the break point and became demoralized, so a win for the French. I think it was the general that did me in we were pretty ost otherwise. Generals getting killed is not good it seems!

Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment