Wednesday 14 November 2018

Fall-In 2018 - Part 1

Hello Folks,

This past weekend it was once again time to head down to Pensylvznia for the great wargaming pilgramage. Thus year went quite well, all the rooms were newly renovated and we never ended up in any bad games. So that is really a win.

As usual I am going to do 2 posts, first one will give a brief report on the tournament I played in. Second will be the pick up games I played, random pictures, and new acquisitions!

Epic Armageddon Tournament:

As has been the trend lately I took the chance to play in the Epic tournament. I like 0laying and it is not so popular, so a good chance to get some games in.

I went with a Steel Legion list this year. Was hoping to do some Tyranids but they never made it up the painting queue.


Game 1: vs Eldar, Saim Hann


Here is a shot part way through turn 1. The eldar are very fast and tricky, so lots of unit making attacks picking apart my tanks. As you can see orange units are all 8ver the place.


Feeling a bit surrounded during thus assault by jet bikes into my infantry. Space stalingrad?


I broke some units but the eldar are killing and pushing back units everywhere. Really hard to get a bead on them.


End result is a victory for the eldar with my main and a side objective taken, but my tanks held out!

Game 2: vs Titans!

Second game vs big scary titans. I kinda knew this would be a problem. I felt like only my tanks are well equipped to fight back and they can't do it all alone.


Here's the set up, titans masked on the left flank.


Moving up and taking some shots. Putting down shields and not much else.


Doesn't take them long to kill the tanks. I 2as doing well but had a round of bad rolls. Thus is not good!


In the end u couldn't do much, they killed my tanks and took 2 objectives so a win for them.

Game 3: vs Orks


Now to fight the green tide. I felt better about this.


Lots of advancing and trading shots. But things are either really tough or in covrmer so it's hard going.


Making some good pushes on the right but stalled on the left.


Tried to kill thecstomoas and get break their spirit but the super stomps lived and was fearless. Just couldntvfinish him.


Big assault in 1 building. I came close to getting 2 objectives to win but was 1 short. After the points adding we had a tie!


I ended up in second last place whichbis not a great showing. But all the games were great fun so can't complain about that!

Check back for part 2!

Thanks;
Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment