Monday 19 November 2018

Saga Battle Report - Aeitus & Arthut

Hello Folks,

Yesterday I had a chance to play another game of Saga with Duncan. We went for an Aeitus and Arthur game, I wanted to try the scenarios in the new rules. I thought they would work much better which turned out to be true.

I took my Romand again, plan was to have a Roman civil war, but Dumcans were not blues to big trays so it was against the Britons instead!

We played the Camp Fire Scenario. Where both forces are having a drink and things go bad.


I italicize deployment. Thus has units setting up all over so you try and surround units if you want. I put some archers in the tower and kind of firmed a line. It's a pain to reach to far across!


The Britons went first and spent the turn resting and setting up defences.


I decided to try and kill some cavalry  do I moved some infantry and through some plumbate, then charged them. Managed to kill all 5 only losing 1 guy.


Next turn the Britins found out how strong their warlord can be and just murdered my guy.


I am fumbling a bit, but decided to try and put some pressure on the levy, best up some one easy!


But the Britins warlord went on another murder spree. Mauling my infantry. I couldn't even kill 1 of the companions!


I decided to strike back and get rid of the pesky priest. W
He was just expose so I could get my guys in there. Just barely managed to kill him!
 

The Britibs are not about to let that stand so kill my units in return.


I tried to get some more kills but was real short on dice. I moved up and threw plumbate killing 1 guy and shotcsone archers.


In the end we had a solid tie. I think it was 15 to 14 or something like that. Was a great game, I like thus period and the scenarios work much better with the new rules. I think they were made with that in mind.

Thanks;
Mike


1 comment:

  1. This was a really fun game.

    I just wish I had not ordered some late Romans before I realized how much I like the Britons! I can certainly see a King Arthur themed army some time in the future.

    Hopefully the book of battles will arrive soon

    ReplyDelete