Monday 17 December 2018

Battle Report - Saga Knights vs Saracens

Hello Folks,

Bit behind on posting reports. Anyway last week I got together with Duncan to play a game of Saga Crusades. We didn't have the new battles book yet but played a game using the tables from it that they posted.

The rolls gave us the following.

Terrain - Unknown land
Deployment Zone - Vanguard
Game Length - Under pressure
Twist - Forced March
Objective - Target

Basically everyone starts with some fatigues and you got double points for killing a unit you picked. We both took mounted units, but my target unit was a double sized unit.


We deployed mostly in lines around the watch tower.


First turn for Duncan was removing fatigue and setting up.


I moved up some crossbow guys and shot my target unit. Got real lucky and killed 3!


The Saracens start shooting arrows as well, but are less impressive and only kill 2 knights.


I charged out a unit of knights on my turn and wiped out the rest of my target unit. But lost all my knights as well. Not great but not bad either.


The Saracens did some more real good shooting leaving only the 1 knight. On my turn I charged again and killed some levy. But with my knights gone it was clear that the next few turns would be arrow filled, and my foot would be to slow to catch the Saracens. Under pressure lets you end the game early so I went for that, figure we are looking at a draw now but could get worse.


Duncan shot up another knight with his last few hearth guards, and had s option to charge and shoot or shoot and charged my warriors. I convinced him charge was better first, due to fatigue. Bug I rolled almost perfect. So after making like 7 saves in lost 1 warrior and all the Saracens died!

That was just enough points for it to be a victory for me.

The randoms options we got were allot if fun so the new boom seems great. We both have it now so bound to be more games in the new year!

Thanks;
Mike

1 comment:

  1. The random changes to the scenario have more of an effect than I would have expected.

    I need to play a few more games with the Saracens to figure out the best way to use the composite bows.

    ReplyDelete