Monday 24 December 2018

Tournament Report - Age of Signat

Hello All;

Yesterday I got the chance to go to a warhammer Age if Sigmar tournament ar Sword and Steel in St. John's. I took an undead army as it was that least painting work for me to get the min points.

We only had 3 people but every one played everyone else so it was pretty fun regardless.

We pulled an objective card for the day and got points for number of kills. Which is bad for me as the undead are all about regenerating! So more guys to kill.

Game 1: vs Stormcast Eternals



Turn 1 I started advancing, no shooting g fo me so I need to close in.


The storm cast had their flying angel jerks fall back from my faster ghosts and concentrate on a skeleton flank.

 
Batyle continues. Storm cast retained the initiative and destroyed 1 set of skeletons.


But I brought them back and with lucky charges got into a few good fights.


Now I got to go twice and dunked down winning my first assaults doing good damage. I am pretty far behind on poi ts thou.


More fighting, I am doing good on the right flank but still allot of Angel's on the left.


The Angel's fall back and throw more sticks.


In the end I did pretty good on killing, but a ton of skeletons died so j am way behind on points!

Game 2: Stormcast Eternals vs kharadron Overlords (sky dwarves)



Now 2 fast shooting armies face off in the rain. The sky dwarfs have a good first punch but are taking allot of casualties.


Storm casts dominate the center bug it's very close on points.


But the big ship goes down and the Stormcast win. So that puts the on top fir the tournament.


We played the last game anyway for fun. But I forgot to take pictures. The sky dwarves flew I to the middle of my army and failed to snipe out my leader. The got crushed by a tidal wave of skeletons.

Anyway was a great tournament, good to try out some GW fantasy games again after a long time!

Thanks;
Mike

1 comment:

  1. How is Age of Sigmar as a game. I am occasionally tempted by it (and Mantic's Vanguard) as an excuse to paint some Fanstsy figures (not that I don't have enough non-fantasy figure that I should paint)

    Perhaps I should just be patient and wait for SAGA Age of Magic

    ReplyDelete