Tuesday 1 January 2019

Last Painting Update 2018

Hello All,

Busy Christmas time is now over, so time for the final blog posts. First I am going to show off the last bits of stuff I got finished in December, maybe not as much as I had hoped due to allot of travelling. Then in a few days I will do the usual end of year post. A bit delayed but I don't see that as a big deal.

First up is a bunch of stuff I finished for the Age of Sigmar tournament as previously posted.

Spirit Hosts:


So I need some new stuff to make it to 1000 points for the tournament. With not much time I decided the easiest route would be to add a bunch of ghosts into my skeleton based undead army. Ghosts being both fast to paint and look pretty cool. So here are the basic guys. They are allot faster than skeletons but pack a good punch and stick around so it worked out quite well.

Banshee:


Along with the basic guys its fun to have some thematic heroes so I added first a banshee. Who was slow and her scream is kind short ranged so not great it turns out but kinda fun.

Knight of Shrouds:


Secondly a Knight of Shrouds. Had this model for awhile because it's cool so good excuse to paint it.Had delayed that due to not knowing what to do other than not painting it black. Stole this ghost + red shroud from the internet and went with it.

Still need to add the now and blood + rust but basically got it done.

Wraith:


Was still playing with some list options so I got a wraith as well. Same deal re the effects. You can only have 4 heroes so I never got to use this guy. Probably would have been better than the banshee in retrospect thou.

Cruel Seas:


It's not all ghosts thou I also painted up my half of the Cruel Seas starter, the British. Planning to try some Games with Duncan in the new year. These ships look nice and are super easy to do. MAkes for a great side project. Have a few more bits to finish probably early in the new year.

Warmaster Elves:


Finally for today some 10mm fantasy stuff. I ahve been collecting up warmaster sets for a bit, finally got around to painting a few of them. Mostly just for fun / nostalgia for the old Warhammer Fantasy game.



Pledge Status, 2018:

Bought: 406
Painted: 342
Total: -64

Never quite held on to that positive number but not to bad. 

Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment