Thursday 31 January 2019

Battle Report - Flames of War - Mid-War East Front

Hello All;

Time for another Wednesday wargaming battle Report. This week are doing some flames of war, try out a game before the campaign to see how the rules work again and all that.

I took a German force with Panzer 3s and infantry. Serge had Russians with t34s and infantry.

Mission was breakthrough.


Here's the deployment. I set up my infantry along the middle to be annoying  and had panzer 3s in ambush and more in reserve. Russians in the corner with a tiny AA as the break through.


Russian first turn, tanks roar off to the left in formation, infantry run forward.


I deployed my ambush in the woods which did jack, but my 8nfantry and HMGs shot up the Russians real good. My anti tank guns did ok, I think 1 bail 1 kill.


Next turn the Russians infest the village with tanks, and the infantry assault. But they are pushed back bad and mostly die. Their artillery did knock out a gun thou. I brought in 3 tanks from reserve and flanked the Russian line doing not great.


The many angry Russian tanks turn their turret to punish my 3 guys. But miracles happen and all the saves are passed!


Next turn hits hard for the Russians. I have the big tanks flanked so actually get some good kills in. And my commanders come in and see of the tanks on the opposite side. Also I started moving some infantry to assault the guns.


Russian return fire is finally on point and 8 loose the 3 tanks.


Next turn the tank shooting continues. But the Russian reserves show up to sit on the objective. My assault against the guns goes off and I kill 2, but fail to win and end up with not much left.


Just in time my armored cars show up and shoot up the AA trucks. Prevent7ng the Russians from winning easy.


The tank shooting goes back and forth for a bit. But we are both low on numbers and dont have great odds. So it turns into a big grind.

It's not clear who will win considering there are so few t34s left, so we decided to call it a draw.

Was q fun game, actually did alright against the Russians for once!

Thanks;
Mike





No comments:

Post a Comment