Tuesday 23 April 2019

Battle Report - Muskets and Tomahawks

Hello Folks,

This past Wednesday o got a chance to try out a game of Muskets and Tomahawks. Basically to try it out and get to know the rules a bit before cangames.

I had the French and Serge had some Natives. We are just below 200 points which is the suggested amount for a game.

We rolled for scenario based on army types, mine was Irregular and Native obviously for the Natives. My objective was to scout, get a guy in each of the 4 corners then have a my army retreat. The Natives got slaughter so they had to kill civilians, so some civilians were added in. I used old west ones as that is all I had.

I'm sure I took more pictures but my phone disagrees and says there is only 3.


First turn. I have the civilians look for shelter in the flower garden, backed up by my main units. Some smaller units try to run up the flanks to get in the other table quatets. My hope is the natives won't be to interested.


Turn 2, the Natives have murdered 1 group of civilians and are headed to the next. But they are taking fire and not many are left to di the job. On the left flank my guys behind the housexsre close to crossing. On the right they are meeting stiff resistance.


Next turn lots of clean up. My guy made it past the hedge to scout the third zone so not quite all 4. Despite a valiant effort all the civilians were killed. It really came down to the morale card, but sadly it came up after the natives got there business completed.

It was very close to being a draw, but turned out a win for the natives. I was no where close to getting my objective thou hah.

Was a fun game thou, very simple mechanics in general, so should be great for the con. We are planning more star wars  next week but probably will try more of this sooner rather then later.

Thanks;
Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment