Wednesday 24 April 2019

Battle Report - Saga Roman Civil War

Hello Folks,

Time for another battle report. This past weekend I was over at Duncand to work on some terrain, but we also squeezed in a game of Saga. Decided to do the Roman civil war we have talked about for awhile, I used the last r9mams board, and Duncan had the A&A Roman's.

Scenario was a cattle raid. There are 6 loot tokens I need to move to my side.


Inital deployment, I got my full force, but Duncan only got 4 points, including the dreaded cataphracts.


Turn 1 I just move up to get closer to the loot.


Turn 2 more moving and ineffectual archery for me. But the cataphracts moved up and crushed a unit. Hmm...


Next turn more shifting and shooting. Next time the cataphracts charged I forced them to the other mounted unit. Starting to chip away but I am bleeding units. On my turn I got desperate and charged in my warlord. But was not lucky and he died. Starting to look at going for a draw now so I just need to control 3 loot.


Next turn the cataphracts kill the last of my mounted. But are down to just 4 guys.


Finally i decide to grab the loot which causes the rest of the bad Roman's to show up.


They charge all over the board which is bad.


It gets to a point where i just need my 3 units to live to draw so I fall back into the woods and withdraw. Have a few defensive abilities.


My plan mostly worked, 1 unit was safe in the woods, and no one could reach the guys on the right flank. But in the center I forgot to use my defensive ability and they just barely all died!

So a narrow loss for the last Roman's. Was a fun game thou.

Thanks;
Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment