Monday 14 October 2019

Painting - Mirage 5

Hello Folks,

Small painting update for you today. Today we are going to do some more Team Yanker, so over the weekend I painted some additional troops. Always good to add in something new!

A month or so ago I got some new stuff in a sale, basically I bought whatever French they had on hand. So I decided to add some planes and paint some Mirages.

Sadly each bow had 1 plane with the tail fin badly bent.


50% failure rate, pretty annoying.

I decided to spray the other and try to fix these in the down time. First attempt was hit tap water and bending it back but I snapped one off!

I glued it back but figured I would have to email support and get replacements. But next day I decided to try boiling my planes to see what that would do.


After a few seconds they straightened right out, even the glued one!

In the mean time I was making good progress paint8ng the other 2. But found another irritation in the decals.


Heres is the sheet of water slides. I find you really need these for planes or they dont look right. But to my great annoyance the blue dot which goes in the red and white ring is a separate one! So you have to do it twice with one tiny water slide and there are a bunch!

Even more annoying on the box art they have clearly added the circles  with photoshop,  so even BF didnt use these.



Anyway here are the 2 I got finished. They look pretty cool I think, hopefully they dont immediately get shot down by stupidly cheap AA missiles!

Will get to the other 2 soon. After that I have some infantry to do, probably will procrastinate on that...


Pledge Status, 2019:

Bought: 224
Painted: 254
Total: -39


Thanks;
Mike

1 comment:

  1. Nice looking jets Mike...can't wait to see them on table. Hopefully I'll make next time.

    ReplyDelete