Sunday 7 March 2021

Battle Report - New Lasalle

 Hello Folks,

Time fir another club day report. This week everyone is excited to try out the new Lasalle version, hot off the presses. 


I took my Prussian with Tods help providing 2/3 of my army (thanks!). Facing John using Tod's French. I choose the battle with a town on a hill, seemed fun and easy to bring terrain for. Objective is the town, but also has a sudden death rule if you loose a third of your force.



Here's the set up, couple of infantry brigades, now go murder so French people, maybe take a town if it seems convinenient.


Turn 1 move uo and make some lines.


Turn 2, a few units got into volley range but not allot. Also the evil French got their cav!


By turn 3 we have a real batch of fire. Some units getting beat up pretty hard. But still at the point where rallies keep them around.


Turn 4 and we start to see a few units breaking. I think I lost 3 and the French 1, plus the cavalry set up for the big show!


Which goes awesome for me, I loose an infantry unit who was caught in line, but break, all 3 French cav! Sadly a French attack breaks a unit out of my line.


In the end i loose 1/3 of my force, I try a desperate charge up the hill to see if I can also break the French. But poorly, and never really had an advantage to start.

So its a win for the French but pretty close, they were unit or 2 from breaking as well.

In the end new Lasalle has a few annoying bits, but its very fast and easy. Hardly any special rules or restrictions ect... The biggest problems of old Lasalle are fixed as well. So I'd say I'm more then happy to play this game.

As 7sual pics of the other great games:


Medium small scale battling across a river 


Small small scale also across a river 


Finally big scale across a river.


Was there some kind of river memo I didn't get?? Hah


Thanks;

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment