Sunday 5 December 2021

Battle Report - Flames of War

 Hello Folks,

Time for another club day report. Today I decided to di something different and managed to arrange a couple of Flames of War games!

Game 1: US Assault Conpany vs Germans in Scouts Out 


Here's turn 1 for me. This mission has us starting in the corners and attacking across with delayed reserves. I decided I'm an assault company so that's how it will be, so doubled both units uo behind terrain.


Germans advancing and trying to get a few shots.


Turn 2 into the woods getting ready to assault, backed up by the Sherman's.


Germans pressing in close to the woods and pinning my unit.


Turn 3 tank destroyers come on from reserve. In the right wood, I fail to understand pin, but I'm a just barely in assault range on the far woods. So I move across and push out the German infantry 


Germans assault in the close woods, after killing my flame thrower with machine guns. And bring on 4 StugGs from reserve. Also bail out a few tanks with anti-tank guns.


I pushed another assault in the far woods and clean up that infantry platoon, but not really getting what I want with the StugGs.


Germans hit back getting some good damage against my tanks leave just 2 bailed put tanks. But my infantry is safe in the woods.


Even more action, my tanks keep in the game, and managed to bail 2 StugGs, that puts an assault into the picture! I gladly take that option and see of the StugGs! So many fun assaulting this game.

The Germans easily kill my remaining tanks, as have heavy machibe guns covering the objective. It's clear no one will be able to take an objective, so we decided ti call it a draw and move to a second game so everyone gets a go. Very fun game thou.

Game 2: StugG battery vs British Tanks in Free for All


Brits advance bur not much action. O let off my tank riders and move out. But no great luck.


Brits laying down fire, killing a rocket Artillery and getting some bails.


I'm using blitz and shoot and scoot to fire and get back in cover, which is working but my shots are not hitting! 


Places and fireflies doing some damage.


The Brits are easily able to clean up my tanks, and break my company. Jib dine pretty quick there!

As usual a few shots of the other games:



Thanks;
Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment