Friday 17 December 2021

Club Report - Saga Age of Vikings

 Hello Folks,

Another club day done. Few different games this week, but for me it was Saga Age of Vikings.

I decided to try out the Vikings! Don't think i have tried them in the new version, facing off against Norms Norman's. We went fir the always fun random mission and got:

Unknown lands
Meeting encounter
Unknown length
Fog
Target

So seems like to armies wandering in to each other in the fog and having a big scrap!


Here's the set up, I was the first player so I set up the 4 terrain pieces I brought, and we set uo our armies within 12 of the points we chose. Oh and the targets, I chose the closer cav unit, and the Norman's chose my betsekers, assuming the planned to die anyway (correct they did)


Vikings turn 1, manuver up and get ready for action.


Norman's advanced up with allot of stuff. Prevented from shooting due to fog, but managed a big cavalry charge. Good luck for me only 4 warriors died so I keep my saga dice!


Turn 3 for me I got my 2 lightning bolts dice, and so it was ragnarok time! Everything on the table looses an armor and my charges are free, mayhem! The Norman cav retreated out if range, but my 8 hearth guard repeatedly charged the Fleishman mercenaries until they were killed, and my warriors did in the levy archers after many a charge. 


Missed a picture, but the Norman's git very bad saga dice and has to spend a turn recovering and setting up. I then dud similar moving up into range. Crazily I got the dice fir ragnarok again but saved them for next turn.


Norman's hit back hard, killing a hearth with crossbows, and absolutely destroying a warrior unit with cav.


On my turn I got the perfect dice for the berserkers ti di their thing, so they went t8 vallhalla, and took the cav along. My hearth guard repeatedly charged the crossbows killing them all but reduced to 1.

At this point annoyingly the table collapsed! And I missed the last few pictures. Luckily only a few of my guys got damaged and none of Norms so not that bad, and we could reset and continue.

But basically the norman cav killed my warrior unit by my warlord. After the mathematics phase I was up by 4 points. But I think we may have not got my fatigue right during the ragnarok charges soa6be best to think of it as a tie.

Anyway very fun game! Much murder, akwa6s great to play with Norm!

As always other games going on:


Small Art de la Guerre


Other Saga game, looks like moors vs someone?


Big ADLG


Stargrave!


Thanks;

Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment