Thursday 18 October 2018

Battle Report

Hello Folks,

Time for another Wednesday wargaming battle report! This week we tried out the new second version of Star Wars X-Wing. Was pretty cool. I took a list with a tie defender a couple of tie advanced and a tie fighter. Had to face off against a bunch of x wings and an e wing.


Set up, went for a standard outer space thing. I just spread out to keep my options open, not really any plan.


First turn just advance, getting ready for the first pass.


Next turn a couple of long range shots but the real action is to come.


Then of course shit gets messy! Kept the tie fighter on the outside as he is vulnerable. In general it went ok for both sides. I got some good hits in the e wing. But it's all just shields coming down so far.


Now we have a bit of a scramble. Not flying I to ships is real important. Annoyingly the e wing escaped and is regaining shields. So now I fight x wings.


Next turn we have first blood. The x wings were doing well focusing on the defender and brought him down. But a tie advanced killed an x wing.


Next turn thing get worse. Another tie advance went up in flames but the empire fights back as best as it can.


Next turn I got a nice move with my last advance doing a fancy k turn. But at this point it's looking grim.


Finally the rebels finish the job so it is a win for them!

Final assessment, I liked the new version. The changes are pretty minor thou so it hardly feels like a new game. The app is good for sure. Still find this to be a fun game so will keep playing it occasionally.

Thanks;
Mike






No comments:

Post a Comment