Saturday 6 October 2018

Painting Update - Game of Thrones and Army of the Dead

Hello Folks,

Time for another painting update! Lately the big things has been painting some stuff from the Game of Thrones kickstarter put off by cool mini or not. But I also have a few lord of the rings guys.

Army of the Dead:


First up a few more spooky ghosts. I am doing pretty good on army of the dead now, would be nice to get a few of the ghost knights so I might add that at some point who knows.

Lanister Guardsmen:



I also finished a couple of units for the new Game of Thrones Kickstarter game by Cool Mini or Not. These are pretty nice models, they cut a very nice balance between cost looks and ease of painting. They come pre assembled to which saves time. I find they look great as a unit. Anyway first up are the guardsmen, very tough guys with a nice armor save.

Mountains Men:



I also have a unit of the Mountains Men, some big angry guys with armor and big swords. They are meant to have a benner as well but mine is missing a part have to request a replacement.

Jamie Lanister:


The Kingslayer himself. This model I really thought was not turning out well when I painted it but it was ok in the end. Probably should have done less white armor but I like it.

Tyrion Lanister:


Also have a non-combat unit, the drunk tatician himself. These guys can't join units or fight but they can play the game of thrones to influence the battle which is kind of cool.

Guard Captain:


And the least impressive of all a lowly captain hah.

So that is where I am at for now, about half of the starter set. I have a unit of Halberds just about done so they should be coming up soon.

We also played a couple of very small test games with my 2 painted units and Serges Starks to give it a try. Always good for more painting inspiration.


Lanisters march out to meet the foe.


Some Umber guys charged the Guardsmen and devastated them which is bad. I had a plan for Jamie and the Mountains Men to double charge on the flank and kill them to a man. They way the turns went they would get to fight twice. If it worked I would kill them all and get to turn and face the Stark Swornswords.


Sadly the Great John survived and I got rear charged and cut to pieces. Turns out we had a card wrong and he should have died but never mind. We will likely try a 3 unit game this week!

Pledge Status, 2017:

Bought: 237 
Painted: 283
Total: 46


Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment