Monday 8 October 2018

Battle Report - By Fire and Sword

Hello all,

Yesterday we had our club day and I got the chance to ply a couple of games of By Fire and Sword, Skirmish level of course whichbis my interest.

Game 1: Holy Roman Outpost vs Polish Infantry. Forage.

For the first game Wald was interesting in trying out some infantry. So we put a polish infantry regimant against the Roman skirmish force. Which worked out pretty well.

I had one less force point so got some choice in scenario and choose forage so I could use my tokens!



Here's the deployment with Martin defending the left village and forage and Wald on the right.


I advanced and we started shooting at each other. There was z bit of an artillery battle to start but I was lucky and shot first so got to knock out there guns. I am hoping to shoot down a group to take the forage but I have a couple of dragons trying to get behind.


I tried sending my piles to fight the poles piles which took awhile and they took some fire. But I was grinding down the infantry on the right. On the left I was outnumbered and having less luck.


On the last few turns it was clear I wasn't going to take the markers. But in the final move I got the dragoons on the right one. They pokes shot them up but were 1 hit away from killing a stand so I got to pillage that at the last second.

That put my up 2 points on scenario and we had the same level of losses so a mi fir win for me.

Game 2: Patrol

We decided to go for a cavalry game for the rematch. But stuck with poles vs the empire. This time the poles had to choice of scenario and went for patrol.



Here we are set up for round 2. The recon points are the center of the map and corners of the village. I made a couple of big squadrons plus some dragoons and sent a major to check the town!


Of course the battle gets going real fast. With a couple of big battles. The light horse charged my major but failed to make it badly failed morale and routed.


This went not awesome for me. One unit failed and routed, the other drew!


Well my failure unit if course failed to really but my other unit continued to push through to the last recon.


With the poles surrounding what was left my only option was a break out so I just kept charging.


I finally finished off that unit but now the polish army was in my rear. I lost initiative and the light horse caught me.


The fight went kind of even thou.

At the end we both got all 3 points for recon, but my army was cut to bits and the poles just lost a smallish unit. So it was a tactical victory for them.

Really enjoyed these games. The Skirmish level of By Gire and Sword continues to be great fun for me!

Thanks;
Mike







No comments:

Post a Comment