Monday 14 January 2019

Battle Report - Double Feature

Hello All,

Got some more gaming done, so time for some more battle reports. This week was Star Wars X-Wing and a small introductory game of 40k. I figure both will be short so I can put them together.

X-Wing: Imperial vs Scum


So standard outer space game but with new 3-D asteroids. I wanted to try different shops so went with 2 tie bombers with bombs a defender and a fighter to fill points. The scum took boba fett and a bunch of cheap tough ships.


Advancing into range.


The first fire happens and boba fett almost kills a bomber right out. Not having shields is bad. Some other pot shots happen with the Tue defender doing alright bring a couple of shields down.


Next turn things get complicated and there's a bit of a scrum. But my first bomber goes down.


Next turn time for bombs. My bomber drops a proton bomb. But it ends up blowing right away and catches 2 of my ships and 1 scum!


Next turn and another bomb. This one feels much better. I actually kind of like the bombs. My ships are getting cut to shreds thou. I took out 1 scum ship but the tie fighter is lost. Things looking grim.


Fett finishes the bomb who was flying straight and slow due to a power crit. Just the defender left now.


But he is eventually worn down.

A solid scum victory.


Warhammer 40k: Tau vs Imperial Guard

On to the next game, this one was on Sunday. On of my colleagues expressed some interest in 40k so we set up a demo game I guess.

Were playing a Moddle Earth game on Wednesdsy so u set up the terrain to be good for both.

We drew open war cards and got capture the artifact at night. So who ever controls the doodad in the middle at the 3rd of turn 5 wins. But line of sight is severely reduced.


Turn 1 I advanced and captured the thing. Expecting to take little fire due to night.


Turns out  guy in range let's everyone shoot now. Also the Tau were shooting on point, so almost all of my storm troopers were killed.


Tine for revenge. So my 8nfantry shot them charged the kronor killing them all! The Commissar charged the stealth guys but no effect sadly.


Tau consolidated the point and got to work killing guardsmen.


Soon it was the commander vs a Tau unit on close combat. He beat up z few of them but next turn they got wise and fell back and shot him all up.

So a win for the Tau sadly. We were z bit sketchy on the rules. Realized after the game I had the rule book, so guess I should read that and get the new guard book. Or maybe check if I already have it...

Thanjs for reading. Kind of want to paint more 40k stuff now, hmmm...

Thanks;
Mike










No comments:

Post a Comment