Wednesday 23 January 2019

Tale of 2 Gamers - warhammer 40k

Hello Folks,

As mentioned in a previous post one of my colleagues is interested in trying a little bit of wargaming. After some discussion we decided to both get a start collecting box.

So I figured that this would be a good time to do a 'Tale of 4 Gamers' type series. For those that dont know there was a popular series of articles done by GW where 4 people collect and paint new armies and play games and talk about their experiences ect.. So we are going to do that here!


First up here are the sets in question. I am going to do the Necrons, and Nick is going to do the Tau. 23 guys should give a good start to things.

We got started this weekend and had a building and painting day. This went quite well and we got lots of progress. I actually cheated and started in a couple of days earlier so a bit more for me.


I got 4 Necron Warriors finished and a few more started. I decided to go with a gold armor and jade details for these guys  thought that would be cool. Also seemed easy. For basing I wanted to try something different. GW has a special beading texture paint for a Mars type base so I went for that.

Basically you put on a layer of their texture paint which dries and cracks then a dry brush. Very easy think it turned out well.





So that is where we are at the moment. More progress photos and some battle reports to come.

If anyone out there is interested in joking in let me know! Can easy grab a start collecting kit or paint a similar amount of stuff you already have. I can like to other blogs or more people can colloberate here!

Thanks;
Mike



2 comments:

  1. looks like fun, i have a bunch of Tau for 40k, painted and primed. If he's interested i can send you pictures if he wants to buy any.
    thanks kal

    ReplyDelete