Friday 19 July 2019

Battle Report - Flames of War Re-Match

Hello Folks,

Time for another Wednesday wargaming battle Report! This week it is another Flames of War game.

I left the terrain and my list the same, as I am so energetic in this heat. Serge switched out Panthers for Tigers as he is a bad person.

This time we ended up with Free For All, which is the most boring mission, but oh well.


Here's the deployment, as you can see I massed my armor on the left flank. My thinking is the cracking the tigers will be very tough and I need all of them at once to have a chance. But Sherman's cant kill a tiger from the front even at close range. Infantry on the right to hold or attack.


Germans move up and kill my observer tank which is irritating!


I advanced behind town, and pushed the infantry up. The Germans were to shy to attack my open objective defended by mortars. So I will bring it to them.


Next turn with the Germans pulling back I swing out the Stuart's to help my infantry. The AA tracks were making me nervous. My 2 command tanks try to fight the German commanders as well.


Germans blow up 1 of my commanders, butvthe organizers 9n the left keep pulling back through town. I also split of some Sherman's to join the Stuarts. My hope is to flank the tigers.


Another quick turn, the Germans finish my commanders but the net is closing.


Next turn I spring my attack, all tanks move out and attack at once. On the left I wipe the panzer 4 platoon, but the Stuart's are not lucky. Leaving a panzer 4. The German counter fire from the tigers is deadly. They hardly miss any shots are get allot of kills. Pretty decisive honestly.


I try to keep up the pressure moving remaining tanks to press for side shots where I can, but with the tigers in cover I am not even getting many hits.


Greedy Germans want to shoot panzer Faust's as well, 4 tigers is not enough!


In the end I was able to kill 1 tiger with a side shot, which even that requires a 1 to save from them! But my forces are devastated.


Eventually a panzer 4 tracks down another platoon from my formation to break company morale and win the game.

Was an interesting game, but the tigers are such a tough nut to crack for the Americans especially this early on. I was really wanting those 76mm Sherman's which are leagues better.

Enjoyed all the maneuvering in town thou, so decent game overall.

Biggest thing for me thou was the air support was really disappointing, the bombs have no teeth at all.

Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment