Monday 29 July 2019

Battle Report - Team Yankee Double Feature!

Hello All,

Also this weekend (bust one) I got together to play some team yankee with the Duncans. Stan was absent so I took a 100 point force. French tanks, armored cars, and an Abrams force with infantry plus helicopters supporting.

FYI we once again used the new reserves rule of 40% off instead of half platoons.

Game 1: Hasty Attack


First up hasty attack with me attacking the Russians. Due to the reserves and their being 3 objectives they had to leave 1 mostly open. The big platoons of 8 tanks really hurt. I kept my Abrams mostly off and swarmed it with French tanks.


The Russians deployed their ambushing T-72s and were able to contest. But the shooting went poorly and they got just 1 kill.


French hit back hard flanking the line with the help of the Abrams commander, plus I got some reserves, more Abrams charging in. I think only 3 tanks were left after this.


The Russians moved up to contest and kept up their fire, getting another kill.


I was easily able to take out the last 3. Russians got no reserves sadly so an easy win for NATO.

Game 2: Dust Up

Since that was a quick game we went for another and got dust up. Attacking from opposite corners.


I was able to use my scouts to expand my deployment area and flank the aggressively deployed Russian tanks.


Seeing the danger the T72s moved to take cover and fight both sides at once. But still having bad luck they managed a single kill.


On my turn I tried to get as many shots on them as I could, but keeping to c8ver as well. My thinking is that this game will be more of a battle of attrition, so I cant be as reckless charging everyone into the open.


Next turn the T72s are hurting, but the BMPs get a good round of missiles and vaporize a tank platoon. On my turn I start thinking about reserves so try to move out of the way of the next tank wave.


Russians advance with the last 2 tanks taking cover behind a wood. And the next wave of T72s do show up and surround my second tank platoon. But have another terrible round and get 1 kill and 2 bail.


Bad news for Russia as the Abhrams arrive and devastate the BMP platoon. Remaking armored cars take out 1 of the 2 remaining T72s, and lots of long ranged fire takes out 2 across the table.


Next turn the Russians flew on some Hinds, but the combined AA of now 5 Abrams brought both down. This was enough to demoralize the Duncan's, as they were left with 4-5 T72s fighting a bunch of armored cars and almost as many Abrams. Just to much firepower to handle.


Was a fun pair of games if a bit demoralizing for the Red's. I think they did do quite poorly on armor saves thou. The French have been doing quite well however. My theory is that having high armor costs to many point and you loose to much offensive power. Might be worth having some T52 or whatever the weaker Russian tank is, to fight off the leopard 1 type units like AMX 30 where the T72s are suffering in number of shots, and have an AT valuexway higher then needed.


Anyway that is those games let me know what you think.

Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment