Monday 22 July 2019

Battle Report - By Fire and Sword

Hello Folks,

This past weekend we had a get together for Tod's birthday, to play some By Fire and Sword.

I ended up playing with Good Duncan so we had Transylvania vs Holy Roman Empire. I went with the foot option. Honestly I really need to paint some new armies for this but haven't gotten around to it, to much other stuff gets in the way.

Any way we got delay the enemy as a mission.


Almost forgot the pictures so missed the first couple of turns. My goal is to escape off the far edge, and we both want to capture the hills and murder.

I have been steadily marching forward. On the left my pikes got outflanked by light cavalry. The transylvanian never had the troops to cover it all so much first musketeers just walk up the middle. My dragoons are trying to run past on the left. Finally the household cavalry is charging my last foot unit, having lost a base to xannonry if I remember right.


No luck from shooting, but with bad dice the household only manage a draw.


Next turn the advance continues on the left, the pikes just laugh at the shooting. On the right the dragoons slept past the guys on the hill, 1 more move to escape. But they are able to turn and get a good shot in which breaks my guys. They flee and never recover. In the center the household decide cannons are annoying. They charge and crush them. But their advance clips the infantry and they loose that battle.


With the game winding down the Tryslvanians decide to try and retake that hill. Bringing in what they can.


There were some losses but no big 3ffects or charges. So that is where we end. Terrible luck on shooting from my side, but managed to avoid huge disasters in combat. My losses were heavy, and acceptable for tryslvania. With 1 hill each and no one escaping it was a 6-2 win for the bad guys.

Dracula would be proud!

I quote enjoy this game, it's a perfect club game in my opinion, lots of armies and small scenarios to play. Really need to get my Ottomans going, ah well someday.

Oh and here's a shot of the other game:


Defend the crossings I believe, with 2 western style armies, so lots of riters I guess.

Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment