Monday 9 September 2019

Battle Report - Team Yankee

Hello Folks,

Time for more Team Yankee!

This time I took a full American list, an Abhrams Combat Team with some infantry and SAM hummers to help out along with artillery. This time I took mines and bomblets instead of copperhead.

Russians had T72s and infantry, but split the tanks into small units of 3.

We rolled for a mission and got dust up, but had done that recently, so I rerolled and got Counter Attack. Which ended up being fun, this one has objectives count from turn 6 and one starts undefended. Also the rules for capturing are a bit different for some reason??


Heres the deployment, Bad Duncan using a ruler to make sure every tank is exactly as far forward as possible hah. Good Duncan had his Force behind (they both have 10 tanks + infantry).


The Duncans advance aggressively, but the few shots miss.


I moved my infantry out of their transports into the woods to block good Duncan's tanks, then sent my transports and hummers towards the objective.

My tanks deployed from ambush below the picture and shot at some tanks, but only did ok.


Next turn the Duncans advance but more cautiously. T72s engaging my tanks, and taking out 2 9f my artillery.

In my turn the artillery guy stuck around, and mined the bridge to furthur block good Duncan. My commander moved to flank the forward T72s but rolled 1s. Very foggy 8n that corner. My first reserve arrived as well and killed a few of good Duncans tanks.


Next turn the battle rages. Bad Duncan had a lucky round and killed 2 Abhrams from my ambushed platoon, the last would fail morale. Everyone else shot back to my new Abhrams hull down way in the back but mo effect. And the AA shot up my guys in the woods. Also Good Duncan took his infantry into the woods near the left objective.

Big thing for me was my infantry surprise assaulting the AA and killing them, we thought that wasnt a rule in this game, but it is!


More tanks trading shots, all the luck is for me now, but the last artillery guy died.


My turn u blitz out the infantry to shoot missiles at the BMPs and the assault with the other teams, taking them out. Otherwise its down to cleaning up the last few 5anks.


Race for the objectives starts now as they count. So everyone is moving to contest. I probably should have started moving up my hill Abhrams at this point but was being overly cautious.


Defending the hill. Bad Duncans last 2 T72s kill the commander this turn.


Defending the woods. The infantry assaulted, but I got 5 out of 6 hits in defensive fire and pushed them back!

Sadly the last 2 T72s assaulted my infantry on the hill and pushed them back, taking the objective, using the modified rules of this mission you can capture at the end of a turn if you start contesting.

But the Abhrams were a turn away from probably killing those tanks so it was really close!

Counter Attack turned out to be a very fun game actually, and we felt the small Russian platoons played allot better, more fun for everyone. They only lost 1 I think to morale?

Anyway hope you enjoyed the battle as much as we did!

Thanks,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment