Friday 20 September 2019

Battle Report - Test of Honor

Hello Folks,

Time girls another Wednesday wargaming battle Report! This week we had a chance to try out the new version of Test of Honor, from Grey for now Games. We just did the starter scenario, which doesnt use the cards  which pits 2 characters and there bands against each other. First one to loose the hero loses!

I took some Warrior monks to defend against the pirates.


Here is turn 1, my guys moving out from the houses, pirates coming up the docks.


Turn 2, do to the chips we drew the pirate captain got really far ahead. I took cover with my slinger and gunner behind some crates.


Blades are met. The heroes start dueling each other. In this game if your action is unspent you have to use it to try to dodge if you are hit. So my gunner was able to pin the group of pirates.


But not for long,just as it seemed the pirates were on the ropes the chips go against me and my guy is wounded as well.


But never fear next turn the pirate manages to fail avoiding and gets run through!

Game 2:

That was quite fast so we had time for another round. I changed over to some spooky Ninja to changed it up, but otherwise the same set up.


Set up as before, Ninja master in the far left house.


This time I had less guys and no long ranged weapons, so I decided to hang out behind the walls more...


Slower advance this time, kept getting the tea break early.


Sometimes really early.


Gunner fails to climb the cliff.


Pirate captain being a bit more careful about bringing up guys this time.


Then the Ninjas jump the wall and battle rages!


But the captain goes on a savage killing spree! Reducing my group to 1. That's not good. Ninjas are good at evading hits but not so good at resisting them. But I have been charging the captain so he is on the ropes.


Finally it came down to just the master. But he charged in doing a lingering wound. In this game if you roll well you get an extra effect based on your weapon, lucky for me the ninja master got a free charge so was able to cut the pirate down.


In the end I quite liked this game. Was more fun then I would have thought. Very simple to play. The chips can be annoying but di mic things up allot. We will try again in a couple of weeks with the cards and about twice as many guys!

Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment