Sunday 16 August 2020

Battle Report - 40k Tau vs Guard

 Hello Folks,

Had the chance to have another game of 40k. I took my newly painted Imoerial Guard reinforcements, to fight a bunch of Tau.


Used the new 9th edition open wae cards to make a scenario even though we are playing 7th edition.

The objective was destruction, and the twist was a storm which reduces movement of everything by 1", which I felt fit the table. I used the ice terrain, have to beat the heat!


Here we are after my first turn. The deployment was basically me in the corners and tau in a central triangle. Just advanced, with maybe some minor damage. 


The Taubhit back pretty hard, killing a sentinel and damaging my tank but nothing serious.


My turn to fight back. The tank pressed forwards hoping to unload its assault troops with flames next turn but is dangerously in the river. I managed to destroy the pirahana gun ship, and beat up the tau suits a bit, tried charging them with the sentinels, but never made it in. No look with my lascannons on taking out the tank sadly.


The Tau hit back pretty brutally. Killing my tank and most of its guys. Only the primaries payer lived, though wounded. Annoying he froze to death in the river before he could bring his pyromamcy powers to bear!


Starting to loose the ability to strike back now. But my storm troops jumped in via deep strike behind the lines and did some good damage. Plus the sentinels got into combat. Even better I was able to kill the stealth suits in close combat.

The Tau were able to easily kill the elite guys behind their lines, maybe that was a bit risky. And also killed my forward infantry unit.

Still had a couple of turns to play but that pretty much sealed things for the Tau, they win today but the Empire of man always has more grist for the grinder!


Thanks;

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment