Sunday 2 August 2020

Battle Report - Saga Club Day!

Hello Folks;

The club returns! Everyinecwearing masks and keeping apart, as it should be, but great to  get a club day!

Game of the day was Saga, Age of Vikings. I decided to try some Normans with a bunch of Knights plus some archers and crossbows.

Ended up playing Jeff's Vikings. We did the random roll scenario, but skipped the terrain roll as I just set it up. We ended up with a pretty normal set up for slaughtering points.


Here we are after my first turn, not to much moving due to only having 3 dice.


Vikings advance on all fronts.


Started the action for me. Got pretty perfect saga rolls. The archers used volley fire to start peppering the warriors getting some kills, meanwhile the small knight unit rushes out and wipe out some warriors.


The Vikings move around but dont have a great position for counter charging. But kill half my crossbows with shooting. On my turn I shift them out of the way and charge with the next set of knights, crushing another warrior unit.


Vikings are able to hit back a bit killing some more knights.


I'm able to keep up my plan of archery and charging. The knights fight the levy whose archery is becoming a pain, killing 7, just enough to cost them another saga dice. When the vikings try to charge back I am able to interrupt with envelepoment and move back the knights. Still take a loss t8 the archers thou.


My turn I bring up the next units of knights, but di allot worse and loose most of them. My archers continue bleeding the warriors on the left thou.


More viking shooting kills another pair of knights.


Final turn for me sees a disastrous charge against some hearthguard. Loosing more knights.


The vikings finish the unit with shooting.

In the end I'm ahead in the points, but only by 3 or 4. So it's a win by the Norman's but by no means crushing.

The new Norman's were great fun. Lots of activation abilities, so it's really easy to keep you units moving around and effective. Will have to try them again.

Next club day is Age of Magiv which I am quite looking forward to as well!

Heres a few shots of the other games.




There was a 4th game but I never got a shot of that one. Some people also did a second round.

Was a great club day, fantastic to see everyone again. Really look forward to the next!

Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment