Thursday 6 September 2018

Battle Report - Walking Dead

Hello All,

Another battle report. Over the long weekend I had a chance to head over to Duncans to play some more zombie games. This time we tried out the new supplement which had larger groups of survivors dukeing it out with less zombies at least to start.

Set up the store and gas station this time instead of the jail.


I started out in the store. I took more of a horse army with lots of guys, Duncan had fewer guys with more stuff.


Moving up and collecting stuff.


Quickly taking fire from a sniper on the roof of the gas station. So I tried to shy away from the window a bit. But had a couple of ladies shooting back.


Noise makes zombies and I quickly got jammed up at the door.


I should be able to push through but it's just not happening. Plus I am still shooting and making it worse. But the other guys are not having it to easy either. One guy got eaten by zombies and more are heading for Rick.


I got to control the event so even more zombies got into the rock pile and ripped him apart! That is kind of tradition st this point.


Sadly hy then it was time to be off the board. With my traffic problem and bad panic rolls a few of my guys got stuck and were killed.

In this game it is murder and not supplies that decide things so it was a loss for me. My first instinct was to have Negan kill all his own guys for points, should have went with that hah.

The new game was ok but not as good. The larger amount of people was a bit to manage and with lots of guns the threat filled up really fast! Worth another try thou.


Thanks;
Mike

1 comment:

  1. I think the grocery store is not a good fit for this scenario. If we had a few more smaller buildings and faced each other over the long edges it might have worked a bit better. As you say though, we were approaching the upper limit of the number of characters you would want to control with this game (the scenario guide goes up to 1000 points which seems crazy)

    I think the objective cards could add an interesting twist but I think we were both distracted by all the zombies (and the rain saved Neagan from Andrea's Rifle!)

    ReplyDelete